Monday, November 16, 2015

Nov. 16 Weird Service Project

Dear Family,

This week we have transfers! Hermana Doyel is going to Las Heras, Santa Cruz. I
´ll being staying here. My new companion is coming up from Ushuaia. Her name is Hermana Monk and she was in the MTC with Hermana Doyel. Elder Escamilla finished his mission and is going home this week. Elder Souza is going to Río Gallegos. The new elders are Elder Torrez and Elder Smith. Elder Torrez got to the mission with me, he´s from Mexico. I don´t know Elder Smith, but he´ll be our new District Leader. I´m excited! It´ll be good to stay here in Rawson. I love Rawson.

This week we had a service project as a district. It was the weirdest service project I´ve ever done, but it was fun. There was a member with a bunch of DVDs and a bunch of DVD cases. We had to help put the right DVDs in the right cases. We did that for about an hour and barely dented the mountain of DVDs haha. But it was fun! 

Facu, our 11 year old investigator, came to church yesterday with his whole family. It was a miracle! For weeks he hadn´t been able to come to church because his parents didn´t let him. We had asked them for permission so that Facu could be baptized, but they had said no. But, they came to church yesterday! So that was a huge progress! Maybe Facu will be baptized soon! 

This week I found out that José Smith defined the word ¨Mormon¨ and that it literally means muy bueno or very good. So that´s awesome :) 

I love and miss you all! Have a wonderful week! 

Love,
Hermana Martin

--
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment