Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 4th

Dear Family,

Wow, honestly it seems like I haven´t written you guys since last year (haha)! But really, I can´t believe that it´s already 2016 that seems super weird. We spent New Year´s Eve with a family and spent New Year´s Day with the the Zone. My ward here is called Roca and there are six missionaries in the ward. The Zone leaders, my district leader and his companion, and us. My companion, Hermana Choc, is from Guatemala and she´s super happy! 

One of my goals for the New Year is something that President Rogers has asked us to do. He asked us to pick a Christlike attribute to develop each week. This last week I picked faith. I wrote a list of things I could do to have more faith (for example, repent every day, study my scriptures more diligently, etc.) and it really was a great experience! Now I´m developing hope this week! La esperanza.  

This weekend my investigator Luana from Rawson got baptized!!! I couldn´t go to her baptism :( but President Rogers gave me permission to call Luana on Saturday. I called her after the baptism, and she was so so happy! She was at a member´s house, celebrating with all of the young women! It was so cool to hear how happy she was during that phone call. I know that only the gospel can bring such happiness into people´s lives. This week we have been sharing a scripture that´s in Alma 37:44. I love this scripture because it says that the word of Christ leads you to on a direct path toward eternal happiness! Only Christ can truly make us happy. :) 

This week the elders´ investigator, Lucero, got baptized! If we have a baptism, teach so many lessons, contact so may people, and have so many people with baptismal dates, we get a little certificate from President Rogers that´s called el estandarte which basically shows that you worked super hard that week. All six of us were helping the elders reach their estandarte and they made it! Even though we have companions and areas and districts and zones, we all have to work together in bringing the gospel to everyone. It´s the work of salvation and we need the efforts of everyone to bring it about! Every member a missionary.

I am doing great here in Madryn. It´s warm and pretty and we are looking for people to teach! I hope that you´ve had a great week and that this week goes even better! 

Love,
Katie

--
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment