Friday, December 4, 2015

Thanksgiving Week

Dear Family,

Happy Thanksgiving week! There are a ton of scriptures about thanksgiving, but I would like to share one that is found in Doctrine and Covenants 59:14-15. I know that sometimes it seems like the Lord asks a lot from us, but I have a testimony that if we do as he asks, and do it with an action of thanksgiving, we will not only be happier, but we will receive even more blessings that He has in store for us. 

Also, happy birthday week to me haha. I´ve only ever found one scripture about a birthday and it´s not that exciting. It´s in Matthew 14:6.

Things have been going well here. Last Monday was a little crazy with transfers. I ended up staying in Trewlew with one of the Sister Training leaders and with another Hermana that was waiting for her companions. Our companions got here on Tuesday. This week I´ve been helping Hermana Monk get to know the area a little bit. We´ve been having a lot of success! Our investigators seem to be progressing a little bit. We´ve been able to teach more lessons, it seems like everyone has been home when we stop by. 

Our mission is going to do a 40-day fast to help our investigators progress and receive our message. We´ve been given permission to ask our family to pray and fast with us. We are taking turns by district, and this Saturday is our turn in Rawson. So if you would like to pray or fast with us, you´re invited. Here are some names of the people who I am going to be praying and fasting for: Micaela, Macarena, Antonela, Sebastián, Facu, Martín, Analía, Atendolfo, Vanesa, Roxana, Ester, Marcelo, Celia, Paula, José, Marta, María. 

Things are going well in Rawson. Thank you for the emails and prayers. I love each one of you and I truly am so grateful for all you do for me. I am eternally grateful to my God for giving me the family I have and for giving me this wonderful gospel. I can´t think of any better way to show how thankful I am than by sharing this gospel with the people here in Argentina. 

Have a great week! 

Love,
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment