Thursday, March 24, 2016

March 21st

Dear Family,

Feliz Semana Santa! Felices Pascuas! I hope that you all have a great Easter and remember the importance of Jesus Christ to all mankind. I love how plainly the Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ. There´s a scripture that I love in 2 Nephi 26:24 that says, ´´He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him.´´ I know that Jesus Christ loves us, knows us all perfectly, and wants us to be able to return to our Heavenly Father´s presence. For that reason, Jesus Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and died on the cross--so that we could repent of our sins and so that we could live again. What a wonderful message of hope and what a blessing to all mankind!

 There´s a scripture in 2 Nephi 26:33 that says, ´´He inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female.´´ I testify that Christ´s sacrifice is for all and that it is free. All he asks is that we come unto him! 

This Saturday, our investigator Fanny is going to enter the waters of baptism! I can´t think of a more beautiful way to celebrate this Easter weekend. It´s a time to remember the sacrifice that our Savior made for us and to make changes. I was reading a talk by Larry R. Lawrence called ´´What Lack I Yet?´´ The Lord doesn´t expect us to change all at once, but line upon line. Here a little and there a little. Jesus Christ gives us hope. Thanks to his sacrifice, we can be forgiven and continue forward, trying to be a little better everyday. I´m so excited that Fanny has made this choice to be baptized! She´s 78 years old and makes me realize that it´s never too late to come unto Christ. Even for those of us who are already members. The atonement isn´t just for sinners, it´s for saints, too. We can always turn to Christ and try better to follow him.

This Friday they will tell us transfers, but I´m pretty sure I´m staying! 

Happy Easter! 

Love,
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment