Monday, April 11, 2016

April 4th

Querida Familia,

This week was another typical week! I don´t really have anything super exciting to say. 

General Conference was super awesome. I loved hearing the talks and it was way cool because Fanny came to Conference with us and she loved it and learned a lot. We didn´t technically watch it with her, though, because Hermana Clawson and I went to a room upstairs (in the church building) where they had set up a tv with the Conference in English so that all of us white missionaries could watch it in our native tongue. You just don´t feel the Spirit as much listening to Elder Holland if you don´t hear his real voice!! 

It amazes me to know that we have living prophets and apostles. What an amazing blessing! I loved hearing from President Monson. He said that the choices we make determine our destiny. I loved that because it´s true! We each have the power to determine our own destine. We are the ones who decide whether or not we will reach the goals we have, and we are the ones who decided whether or not we will reach our ultimate goal, which is eternal life. Like President Monson said, let´s choose the harder right rather than the easier wrong!

I´ve been reading in the Book of Mormon a lot and read King Bejamen´s speech in Mosiah 4. It made me realize that I need to be a more charitable person and I´ve been thinking a lot about how I can be more charitable. I chose to memorize a scripture in Moroni 7:45-48. I´m going to recite it whenever I find myself judging people haha! It´s hard but I want to love people! 

The work is going más o menos. We´re looking for new people to teach! But we are working hard and I´m happy! 

Love and miss you guys! 

Love,
Katie


Hermana Martin







No comments:

Post a Comment