Thursday, May 26, 2016

5/11

Dear Family,
So after 5 buses, 2 taxis, 1 ferry, and 40 hours of traveling accross the entire Patagonia (from the top of our mission to the very bottom) I finally arrived in Ushuaia (el fin del mundo) last night around 10pm.
Hermana Littlefield (my MTC companion) is here in Ushuaia too! It was so cool to see her because I haven`t see her since our first day here in the field.
My new companion is Hermana Yañez and she is from Santiago de Chile, Chile. She´s super awesome and knows a lot of English. She`s my first latina comp that really knows a good amount of English and wants to learn. So I`m excited to help her with that.
Last night when we arrived here in Ushuaia, we went to our pension to unpack and then go to bed. Oh my gosh. I thought my pension in Puerto Madryn was nice. But my pension here is so nice I can`t believe it! The building is literally one block from the port. We live in a huge apartment building with an elevator!!! And we have a balcony and we can see the mountains on one side and the port on the other. It is so beautiful here I still can`t believe that I`m here! My area is centro so I`m just smack dab in the middle of the city! I love it :)
On our way over to the cyber Hermana Yañez and I got stopped by a woman. She seems really interested in the gospel and we set up an appointment with her for tomorrow. Her name is Ilda. She seems to have no problem with tithing or the Word of Wisdom. Honestly she knows so much she just needs the Restoration! I`m excited to teach her tomorrow.
Apparently we have a few solid investigators that have the potential to get baptized really soon. I`m looking forward to meeting them in these days and I`ll let you know more on Monday!!!
Love you guys so much! It was great talking to you over Skype on Sunday.
Congrats Madison on graduating this week!!! Proud of you :)
Love,
Hermana Martin

-- 
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment