Thursday, May 26, 2016

5/2

Dear Family,

This last week was a great week. 

The pictures I sent you were from our Super Pday at Doradillo. It´s about 12 kilometers out of Madryn and technically would be part of my area because out area is the end of Madryn and doesn´t really have a technical limit on that side! 

Super Pday was a great way to wrap Super Week to a close! This past week we worked really hard to reach higher goals than ever. Last Monday we set the goals as a zone and to be honest Hermana Clawson and I did not think that we could reach them. We were complaining about why the Zone Leaders had such high goals. But we decided to try our best and we said that it wouldn´t matter if we didn´t reach our goals or not. About halfway through the week we realized that we were pretty close to reaching our goals. We ended up doing a lot more than we ever thought we could. It was a great week! And we reached most of our goals :) But more importantly, I realized that our potential is way higher than we thought it was. I think that often happens in life. We tell ourselves that our potential is at a certain level and keep ourselves from reaching what we otherwise could have done if we had realized our true potential. I know that as children of God, our true potential is infinite. We can do anything. 

I´ve also learned a lot about sacrifice this week. We had Conference with President and he taught us that we should never sacrifice our obedience, but that we should make sacrifices to keep our obedience. I´ve been sacrificing my extra time in the mornings and evenings to read in the Book of Mormon and I have felt the Spirit more during each day. I know that if we sacrifice what we want to do what Heavenly Father wants us to do, he will bless us with so much more peace and happiness. 

I´ve also learned a lot about the Atonement this week. I testify that it is real. Christ really did suffer and die for all that we do, think, and feel. He loves us and because of that Atonement, we can fix anything. We can be comforted. And Christ can heal us. 

I´m so pumped to Skype you guys this Sunday! I´ll be Skyping around 5 o´clock my time here. Have a great week! 

Love,
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment