Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 4th

Dear Family,

Happy Fourth of July! I hope that you all had a great day.

This week has been pretty great because last night it snowed!!! Ushuaia looks like a different city now that it`s covered in white snow. 

So the other day my companion and I were contacting outside on the street. It was super cold and we were heading back to the pension. We got to our street and I looked at my agenda. We had contacted 34 people. I looked at my watch. It was 8:57pm. I told my companion, ´´Let`s contact one more person.´´ So we turned onto our street and walked the opposite way of our apartment. We saw a man in the distance, smoking. We went up to him and started to introduce ourselves. He said that he didn`t understand and that he was from Brasil. So we asked him if he knew English and he said yes. We started talking to him and he was super interested in the gospel!! I`m so glad that we decided to contact one more person. 

That`s all we`ve been doing the last week, pretty much. Contacting a ton! We are looking for new investigators and I know we are going to find someone! 

On Sunday so many youth shared their testimonies during Sacrament meeting. I love seeing youth with such strong testimonies of the gospel! It`s amazing.

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the goal that President Rogers had given us (to finish by July 1st). I was honestly such a wonderful experience for me. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much as I used my free time in the mornings and evenings to read from its pages. I have found comfort and answers to my questions and prayers. I know it`s true. One scripture that I really loved was:

Moroni 10: 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

I have been ponderizing this scripture a lot and I`ve learned that being perfected in Christ is becoming like him. It`s a life-long process of trying to develop Christlike attributes. We will be able to perfect ourselves over time as we try our best to be like Christ. So I invite each of you to pick a Christlike attribute and try to develop it this week. I`m working on humility. I heard someone say, "la humildad no es pensar menos de vos, es pensar menos en vos," or in other words, "humility isn`t thinking less of yourself, it`s thinking less about yourself." 

Have a wonderful week! I love you all! 

Love,
Hermana Martin
MisiĆ³n Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia

No comments:

Post a Comment