Thursday, January 28, 2016

Jan 25th

Dear Family,

This Wednesday we had a conference with all of the missionaries in the world. It was super cool to have apostles and other general authorities train us to be better missionaries! Honestly I loved it and learned so much. Someone said 

After lunch on Thursday, we had a tsunami with the zone. When Hermana Choc and I started walking from our area to the center of the city, it started raining. We kept walking and the rain got stronger. We were looking for the street Esteban Williams and asked someone where it was. They told us that we had to walk another 24 blocks!!!! Haha we were running in the rain trying to get to the tsunami in time. When we showed up we were soaking wet. We said a prayer with the zone and then went to find future investigators for the elders in that area. I was on divisions with Hermana Gonzalez. We had knocked one door and set up an appointment for the elders. Right after, we got a call to go back. It started pouring rain and the the streets were flooding. Haha literally our entire zone was running in the street through mud and huge puddles and just streets filling with water. It was crazy. We all ran to the elders pension and about 16 elders went in the pension. All of us sisters went into their neighbor´s house and we called a taxi. Our pension had a little bit of water in it and our washing machine exploded haha. But other people´s houses got flooded, stores lost everything. It was honestly so random and super crazy. The streets were like rivers. My scriptures, agenda, and everything I had was soaked in water haha. But it´s all good now.

Things are going well with our investigator Eugenia. She´s had a rough past and a lot of bad things have happened to her. We went to the beach on Saturday and talked about forgiveness. We threw rocks into the ocean to represent all of the things that have happened to us and to just let it go. It was a great experience. Yesterday she came to church for the second time and took notes in the classes and was answering questions! She´s super awesome and is progressing a ton. She even accompanied us to go teach less actives! 

This coming Thursday will mark 1 year from when I entered the MTC and started this amazing journey. Honestly I am amazed with where I am right now. Never in my life had I imagined that I would be here in Puerto Madryn, Argentina, speaking in Spanish, preaching the gospel, seeing so many miracles. I am so grateful for all that the Lord has given me and for all that he continues to do for me every single day. I know that I´m not perfect, but I know that the Lord loves me and he loves each of you. He loves the people here, too, and I am so happy that I have this time to dedicate to serving the gospel. It´s hard sometimes, but it´s all worth it. Thank you for supporting and loving me! I love you guys!

I hope everything is going well at home! I will try to send pictures next week! 

Love,
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment