Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Feb 8th

Dear Family,

Well this week was interesting for sure! It was the last week of the transfer. 
Hermana Choc already left for her new area (Gaiman) and she`s going to be in a trio. I´m currently with Hermana Gonzalez (from Chile). Her new companion gets her tonight and will be Hermana Oberman my former companion when I was in a trio!  So I`ll be in a trio with Hermana Oberman and Hermana Gonzalez for a day haha. What a crazy world! 

Sometime tomorrow I will be traveling all alone to Comodoro. Super weird but it should be fine so don`t worry. I`m going to Comodoro to pick up my new companion! She`s brand new to the mission this week and I will be training her here in Puerto Madryn. I heard that she`s the only sister coming to the mission this transfer and that all of the others are elders. And I heard that she`s from Utah! So she`ll be my 5th gringa (aka white) companion and my 4th companion from Utah. 

I`m a little worried about training my new companion. I`ve been praying for her and fasted for her yesterday. I don`t know what to do and I don`t feel qualified to train someone haha but I think that the best I can do for her is be obedient and be a good example. I`m super excited.

So apart from that big news, we`ve been working hard in our area. We were teaching our investigator Eugenia the other day and she had to leave and she asked us to stay and teach her sister. So we did and her sister, Victoria, actually seems pretty interested. On Friday we had a huge miracle! We went to Eugenia`s house and ate lunch with her and her family. In the afternoon, Eugenia accompanied us to go teaching and we taught someone about the tree of life (Lehi`s dream). Then that night, Eugenia and Victoria came to an activity that we had at church and they loved it. It was super crazy because the person in charge of the activity (the ward mission leader) shared a video about the tree of life and Eugenia loved it because we had taught about that earlier in the day! Victoria loved the activity, too, and I think that soon we`ll have the whole family there. Eugenia was going to get baptized this coming Saturday but we are going to change her bapitsmal because she still needs to come to church one more time to be able to get baptized. But we are excited! 

Yesterday evening we went to the church and were able to see of the ward on their trip to the temple! They`re taking a bus to Buenos Aires. They`ll be in the temple for a week and are coming back on Saturday. It`s the first time for a lot of people. The recent convert of the elders, Lucero, went and we are just so happy! Some families are going to get sealed and it`s going to be a great experience for the whole ward. I`m excited to see happy they are when they come back.  

Anyway that`s all of the big news that I can think of. It was a good week and I`m excited to pick up my companion and get back to work, finding more people to teach! This is the work of the Lord and this is His church! I know it!
Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment